Patterson Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Tyler
Position Description: Salesperson
Reports to: Sales Manager
Position Summary: The Salesperson is directly responsible for selling vehicles meeting gross profit, volume and customer satisfaction standards. Must present a professional appearance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine each customer’s vehicle needs by asking pertinent questions and carefully listening.
- Demonstrate vehicles, including test drives.
- Properly introduce new customers to the Service facilities and to the appropriate Service personnel.
- Deliver vehicles to customers. Ensures customer understands the vehicle’s operating features, warranty and maintenance schedule while laying the foundation for customer loyalty.
- Maintain an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
- Keep informed of new products, features, accessories, etc., and their benefits to customers.
- Review with the Sales Manager monthly objectives, weekly activities and daily planned activities.
- Understand the terminology of the automobile business, be informed on technological changes in the products and be able to communicate to customers.
- Report any vehicle lot damage or any problem with a vehicle to the Sales Manager immediately.
- Know and understand federal, state and local laws which govern retail auto sales.
- Complete all training as directed by supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Educational: High school diploma or the equivalent.
Special Skills (i.e., licenses, certifications): Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to sell a minimum quota according to facility standards. Ability to use personal computer applications including word processing and spreadsheet software. Current valid driver’s license and state sales license.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.