Patterson Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Tyler
Patterson CDJR TylerPatterson CDJR Tyler
Reports to: Service Manager
Position Summary: The service advisor is responsible for scheduling service work in the service department and for selling additional services to customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) rating as set by service manager.
- Maintain the prescribed standard for “hours per customer repair order written”
- Greet customers in a timely, friendly and professional manner. Let customers who are waiting know that they will be helped soon.
- Communicate with customer to determine the nature of their mechanical problem(s).
- Obtain accurate customer and vehicle data.
- Test-drive vehicle as necessary.
- Advise customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with the manufacturers’ specifications.
- Lift the hood of every vehicle and look underneath for potential additional repair needs.
- If additional work is needed, clearly explain the exact repair instructions, making a special note of the main reason(s) the customer brought the vehicle in. Repair orders must be legible.
- Notify dispatcher of incoming work.
- Provide estimates for labor and parts. If the cost of service cannot be established during reception, leave open and contact the customer later for approval.
- Establish each customer’s method of payment. Obtain approval of credit, if necessary.
- Obtain customer’s signature on repair order; provide customer with a copy.
- Follow up progress of each repair order during the day. Contact customer by telephone regarding any changes in the estimate of time promised. Record changes on repair order in the approved manner.
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding work in process and appointments.
- Compare final invoice with original repair order.
- Analyze quality control report to ensure that work is completed as requested to reduce comebacks.
- Deliver vehicle to customer and answer any questions.
- Maintain follow up program on additional items found in need of repair.
- Attend meetings as scheduled.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Ensure that work areas and customer waiting areas are kept clean.