Patterson Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Tyler
Position Description: Parts Sales Associate
Reports to: Parts Manager
Position Summary: The Parts Sales Associate sells parts to all available customers over the counter, through the shop or on the telephone. Must present a professional appearance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist walk-in customers in selecting required parts, suggest companion requirements, offer specials, and ensure the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Pull purchased parts from stock. If part is not in stock, determine availability and inform customer of expected date of arrival.
- Answer telephone calls, providing price quotes and other information, capture customer name and phone numbers.
- Set up orders for daily shipment, delivery or pick-up.
- Verify “will-call” and “back-order” files weekly and return to vendors or stock those items not required.
- Assist the parts to service counter parts sales associate as necessary.
- Order parts not in stock as approved by the Parts Manager.
- Notify the customer and the Service Department when the parts arrive.
- Accept cash and credit payments. Keep cash register accurate.
- Assist with organization and cleanliness of parts department.
- Receive and stock incoming inventory. Verify receipts against purchase orders.
- Assist with periodic inventory vehicle counts as directed by supervisor.
- Ensure merchandise displays are stocked, clean and appealing to customers.
- Complete all training as directed by supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Deliver parts and equipment to customers and vendors.
- Pick up parts and equipment from customers and vendors, to be coordinated with the Parts Manager, Inventory Control Clerk, Parts Counter people, or Shipping and Receiving Clerk before leaving.
- Complete a log at the time of delivery and request recipient’s signature.
- Unload truck each night. Turn in all paperwork and undelivered parts.
- Help maintain the professional appearance of the parts department.
- Maintain the parts delivery vehicle; ensure it is clean and operating properly.
- Adheres to Company policies and procedures.