Patterson Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Tyler
Body Shop Technician
Job Title: Body Shop Technician
Department: Body Shop
Reports to: Body Shop Manager
Position Description: The Body Technician repairs damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership specifications using hand tools and power tools.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window and seat operating equipment and trim to gain access to vehicle body and fenders.
- Position dolly block against surface of dented area and beat opposite surface to remove dents, using hammer.
- Fill depressions with body filler, using putty knife.
- Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills using wrenches and cutting torch.
- Bolt or weld replacement parts in position using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Straighten bent automobile frames using a pneumatic frame-straightening machine.
- File, grind and sand repaired surfaces using power tools and hand tools.
- Refinish repaired surface using paint spray gun and sander.
- Aim headlights, align wheels and bleed hydraulic brake system.
- Paint surfaces after performing body repairs.
- Repair or replace defective mechanical parts.